Pages

Thursday 12 December 2013

Where to buy affordable Christmas decors in SG

It's that time of the year again that I feel so overwhelmed over stuff I would like to have to make our home more festive (that is if budget permits). And since Singapore is not that into the Christmas holiday mood that much, buying holiday decors is a tough one. Good thing there are a few stores that capitalizes on Christmas decors at affordable prices. Here is a list of the ones I visited.



1. Metro - As much as we wanted to have the traditional chunky Christmas tree, since we have a cosy little flat and it would occupy a big space it was not feasible for us. Good thing we found the perfect slim and 7ft one last year 2012 at Metro Paragon for $150 (it was on sale at 20%!). Their decorative ornaments were very pretty but we felt they were a tad bit expensive so we just bought a star and lights as well here.

2. Vandawin - This was one of those stores that I considered last year. They have a big range of trees for sale plus nice assortments of ribbons and decorative flowers. If not for passing by Metro's Paragon by chance and seeing that 20% sale, I would have gone here to buy my tree.

2 Serangoon Rd, The Verge, Singapore 218227
Tel: (+65) 6296 7682

3. Daiso - We bought some of our ornaments here last year. At $2 per pack, that's a great deal. Bear in mind though they are just the simple ones and nothing fancy.

4. Spotlight - I love visiting Spotlight for they sell a whole of stuff here such as crafts and arts, fabrics, some kitchen ware, etc. During the holiday season, you can find affordable ornaments and alike which are really cute. I bought Christmas sock and wreath here last year (forgot for how much).

Level 5, 68 Orchard Road (Located at the Dhoby Ghaut MRT),
Singapore, SG 0000
Tel: (+65) 6733 9808

5. Ikea - If you want a real tree, better visit Ikea since they have real ones for sale. Plus their Scandinavian inspired decoration is a unique way to spice up your Christmas theme.

Ikea Alexandra, 317 Alexandra Road, Singapore 159965
Tel: (+65) 6786 6868

Ikea Tampines, 60 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528764
Tel: (+65) 6786 6868

6. Lim Hock Swee Trading Co (Shop in front of Henry's) - I wasn't that happy with my Daiso ornaments last year since they were a tad bit small plus they didn't give that oomph factor. So I searched the net to find cheap but good deals in Singapore. Then a friend of mine referred me to Paya Lebar and said this was where we can find a whole lot of Christmas decorations at a reasonable price. The store was a tad bit small compared to Henry's but they don't sell the same stuff which was ok. I bought my ornaments like pine cones and cherries for 3 for $10 per pack and banner for $18 here, plus the Auntie who was manning the store gave me discount. Nice.

No. 801 Geylang Road, Singapore 389681
Tel: (+65) 6744 2266
(Near Paya Lebar Mrt)

7. Henry's - You'd feel very festive when you go inside since they also play Christmas songs (to my surprise they also play Christian songs). You'd find a lot here since this was much bigger and have a lot more that the other store in Paya Lebar in terms of fancy ornaments. They also sell nativity scenes, Santa, socks, snowman and a whole more. Bought my Christmas tree skirt here for $18.


Enjoy your Christmas shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment