Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

New gadget Thermapen and an Update



Finally my new baking toy has arrived, my new Splash Proof Super Fast Thermapen! You see, since the oven gasket got busted, I have been looking for the best cooking thermometer. Then I found this article from thekitchn. The thermapen was the perfect thermometer for me since I am an impatient baker. Having a super fast accurate (at 3 sec woohoo!) gadget would definitely help me have consistent results when it comes to baking.

Unfortunately, the only way to have one was if I buy it via RS Components Singapore. But they only sell the older thermapen at S$115. So Husband had to buy it online at ThermoWorks US$93 plus shipping.

It's been months since I have bought bread. This is because I have been trying to work on this recipe. From my previous post, I said I nailed it. But since I now own a cool gadget plus gasket repaired, I get to test it more. As per Rose Levy's Bread Bible, once the inside of bread loaf reaches 200-210 ̊ F, they are done. For a softer loaf, 190-200 ̊ F. When I baked my loaf bread and it reached 207 ̊ F at 55 minutes, it was perfectly baked. Yehey! No more guessing games! I truly love this new toy!

So an update on the recipe:
  1. Make sure to scald your milk and let it cool down to room temperature. 
  2. Knead the dough between 12-15 minutes. Don't worry if the dough has a melted mozarella texture, it's is supposed to be like that.
  3. Since I own a table top convection oven, I put the loaf pan on the lowest part of the oven.
  4. While baking, once the top of the dough has turned a little brown (between 10-15 minutes), cover it to avoid getting the top burned.
  5. And bake the bread between 53-55 minutes.
  6. Consume within 2-3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment