Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Baking supply store in SG: B-I-Y

Me and the husband went to B-I-Y store in Bukit Timah to buy some baking stuff around 3 pm last Saturday. I was so excited because this link said they had a whole range of Wilton products and when visiting their website I get giddy because they seem to really have all the things I need. I don't like buying things from different stores. I'd rather pay a little extra if they've got everything.
Anyway, there were a few customers already when we went inside. Shop seems nice and all. So I grabbed a basket and started looking around for the items on my list. I couldn't see any rolling pin with a handle which was really what I want so I asked for an assistance. The lady who I talked to said they were out of stock. Ok... I guess they haven't updated that item status on their website. Oh well, so next I asked if they have a flat basic cake mat, again she said they don't have that since the only thing they have are impression mats. me: "Huh? But on your website you've got one". All right, I tried another and asked if they have white candy melts, she looked around and finally she said sorry, out of stock again. I was so sad that I dropped the basket in one of their chairs inside and didn't bother returning it.

I guess she seems really sorry because she suggested in a hushed tone that there was another baking supply store which might carry some of the things we need. It's Phoon Huat in Toa Payoh. I've read about that store but I wanted to try B-I-Y since they seem to have all I need based on their online retail shop.

When we left the store I felt really disappointed. Based on what I saw, I guess B-I-Y caters to cake and cookie decorators not to the whole baking process enthusiast. Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk. Lesson learned: Call the retail shop prior to your visit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I didn't have very good experience with BIY either. I called them to inquire about the fondant mat on their website, the gal who picked up the call sounded really surprised, as though I had called the wrong number. When I asked her how much is delivery and when will package arrive if I order online, she said she was not sure, full-stop. I don't think I will bother to buy from them :p

    ReplyDelete